2017 Wrap Up - Top Threes
As another year ends, I join many of you in reflecting on the year passed and scheming about the year ahead. 2017 was a doozy of a year in so many ways, but I’ve found a lot to be extremely thankful for. I think it helps to focus on the positive, so I made lists, of course!
My top three creative accomplishments of the year:
3) Started and finished a first draft of a manuscript that I love—my sister story!
2) Directed two plays that I was super proud of. Stories that I was honored to tell, with fantastic collaborators.
1) Published my debut novel, THE LAST FIRST DAUGHTER!
My top professional accomplishments of the year:
3) Taught my most confident semester yet of Principles of Management to undergrad business majors.
2) Went through the Leadership Fairfax Institute, learning about my county with some of the top local leaders.
1) Continued to support the public library in a full-time job that I love.
My top personal accomplishments of the year (because the personal achievements are just as important as the career-related ones!):
3) Purchased a new home!
2) Gave a toast my sister’s wedding.
1) Cared for myself like I never have before—and cared for a passenger the past six months. Baby Fine arrives in April!
My top movies of the year:
Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman!
My top books (you know I love YA!):
3) THE LAST MAGICIAN by Lisa Maxwell
2) THE VALIANT by Lesley Livingston
1) STRANGE THE DREAMER by Laini Taylor
My top plays:
3) Crazy for You at Signature (the tap dancing!)
2) Timon of Athens at Folger (the imaginative world!)
1) Outside Mullingar at Keegan Theatre (such a beautiful story, brilliant performances)
I am thankful for the above in 2017, plus the many accomplishments of my family and friends!
My top three goals for 2018:
3) Revise the draft of my sister story and get it ready to query.
2) Find new ways to enhance my community through my full-time work and extra-curriculars.
1) Find my way in my new role as Mom, and figure out how life balances with a new number one priority!
2017 had some highs and lows, but I’m hopeful for 2018!
What are your "top threes" of 2017? Your goals for 2018?